Monday, March 29, 2010

Sometimes Things Just DON'T Turn Out The Way You Plan !

This morning I was so excited, I was going to get my first batch of homemade fruit roll-ups going!(You know how you feel when you are making something from scratch and you are so excited to be making something special!! I was invisioning taking some to church Wed.night and giving them to my grandsons who would be SOOOO thrilled at the thought that GRANDMA made them !!)
Things started out beautifully! I was also excited to share it with you.....



Just look how nice they look :O)
Two trays turned out great.... two stuck pretty bad and yet they were brittle if that area was dry... the instructions said to turn them over and let them dry a little longer (and the very middle was still not firm SO... I thought okay... this makes sense)
I turned them over for about another 20 minutes......
And my fruit roll-ups became "fruit CHIPS"!! They just got so brittle...SO...We WILL try again....
Anyone out there ever successfully made fruit roll ups and have ANY words of wisdom for me BEFORE I try again???
OH...by the way....
THEY ARE REALLY GOOD !!! :O)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: