Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Bitter Sweet Day

Funerals are always a difficult time, and yesterday was no exception. Cheri and I have been friends for over forty years(which is SO hard for us to believe!) We were roommates in college and she was my maid of honor at my wedding, after being friends since Jr high.She and her husband, Charlie live in Ventura, California. Cheri's dad went to be with the Lord last week and the memorial services were yesterday. I drove up to be there and it was such a precious time.We met at the funeral home for the services then drove to the Veteran's cemetary in Van Meter. After the service at the cemetary we all went to the Machine Shed Resturant for dinner and sweet fellowship with the family. Thank you folks for including me in your day.Your family is in our prayers.

Friends are Friends, Forever !!

Margret and Cheri, Terry and Larry
(another daughter Jerri,was unable to attend)
Align Center

With Larry's wife, Ann and Cheri's husband, Charlie included

CITY boy comes to rural Iowa!!

Family gathered enjoying a relaxed time of fellowship

Charlie, shocked by the "Iowa Chop"

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Photozgran said...

Good Job on the pictures. I love the picture of Charlie and Cheri's Mom. Those expressions are priceless. I am so glad we got to meet Cheri's family. I know you were a blessing to Cheri.

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to go. I know you were tried but I am also sure that the blessing of seeing your friend helped.
PW