Friday, July 31, 2009

Traveling Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall

Today I went to Richland to see the Traveling Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall and Museum. It is here until Aug. 2nd. It was very moving. I would recommend going to see it. The wall is a half-scale replica -exact to the letter and inch-of the original Vietnam Memorial in Washington D.C. It travels across America. It has 58,000 names on it.


I can't think of the Vietnam war without thinking of James W Herrick Jr. Jim was from my hometown and his younger brother was my classmate and friend from K-12. I just had to go see it and also pay my respects to these HEROS of our country and think of the sacrifice they and their families have made.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing.
We still live in the greatest country in the world.
PW